Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

We had Snow Much Fun Today!

Raina's really been missing the snow.

Last year we had SO much that we were literally snowed in the house for days at a time.  This winter, I was beginning to think that the most we'd see of snow would be this art project we did last week:


Much to Raina's delight, we finally got enough snow to play in the other day!  And much to my delight, the roads were still warm enough that while enough collected in the yard to play with, there was no shoveling necessary!

Our adventure, in pictures and captions...

Outside!!

We brought out a spray bottle, filled with water and red food coloring.

Next time, I'd use a different color.  The red splatter everywhere made it look a bit like Halloween.  Not that Raina noticed, but it creeped me out a little.

Everything got spray painted.

Extreme spray painting

We dug in the planter box...

And used tupperware containers to make "snow"castles! (that we painted, of course!)


I painted Raina's name in the snow, she told me to "Stop it with the letters!"  :)

Raina was HAPPY!

Lucca fell asleep almost as soon as she got out in the fresh air.

Peaceful sleeping baby

So we put her in a cozy little carseat nest!

She woke up happy.

I touched her feet to the snow...

Let her watch Raina play...

But then she got mad.

MAD.

So we went inside, and ate ice cream drizzled with maple syrup!

Raina could not believe her good luck.  Eating snow?!



YUM!  (See that messy sewing table behind her?  That's my life.)

Refill!

Letting her pour the syrup.


Then it melted and looked like this in the bowl.

So we put it in a pan and cooked it!

Then we made this.  (But I had to stop taking pictures, because I was stirring hot syrup while taking care of a baby and a toddler, and the taking pictures part seemed a little unsafe :) )

Making maple sugar snow candy!


YUM!

What's your favorite wy to spend a snow day?

No comments:

Post a Comment