Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Cheese and Potatoes. Cheesy Potatoes. The best.

 This recipe is a comfort food I remember from my childhood...  and from every Christmas dinner... and from last week :).  They are seriously delicious - and seriously not a health food!  I've experimented with making a lower fat version by adding different kinds and amounts of cheeses, and by mixing in chopped veggies.  These experiments are always yummy... but the original is what I keep going back to!


I've been digging into my recipe box lately trying to find some things I can make in large batches and freeze part of to have on hand when Little Sister arrives next month... these cheesy potatoes almost jumped out of the box and into my hands.  I think they want me to make them.  Bad.  I'm sure they aren't on the "losing the baby weight" diet, but I'm willing to accept that in the name of ease and comfort and gooey cheese.



1 package Ore Ida Hash Browns
1 pint light cream
1 stick margarine or butter
8oz. Velveeta cheese

1.  Preheat to 350 degrees
2.  Melt marg/butter and cheese over med to low heat.  Mix in cream. 
3.  Take off heat.
4.  Put potatoes (still frozen) into 13x9 pammed/greased pan.
5.  Pour cheese mix over.
6.  Sprinkle with paprika and pepper.
7.  Bake covered with foil 45 mins.
8.  Uncover and bake an additional 20 mins.

YUM!!!!


Go make them.  Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment