Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Buried in Hairbows

I have a small problem.  I can't stop making curly hairbows.  See, I love hairbows.  I used to spend all kinds of money buying pretty curly ribbons for Raina.  My husband told me I should learn how to make them, so after a good visit with my friend Google for instruction I started making them.  And now...  I can't stop.

They're pretty simple once you learn the tricks!  Here are some basic instructions:
1.  Get some wooden dowels and cut them down to a managable size.
2.  Wrap them with ribbon from the craft store...  grossgrain and satin work really well.
3.  Secure ends...  I find wooden clothespins work best.  I tried straight pins, but my fingertips didn't like that solution.
4.  Arrange on a cookie sheet.
5.  Bake for 25 minutes at 275 degrees.
6.  Let cool and unwind.
7.  Cut into lengths depending on how big in diameter you want your bows to be.
8.  Sew curly ribbon pieces together, through centers,  Go through 4-5 times, then tie a good knot in the bottom.
9.  Use hot glue to attach to alligator or french spring hairclip.

YAY!
(This picture is really only a very SMALL part of the madness...)

No comments:

Post a Comment