1. I'm finding that some things are hard to actually cut. I could cut up onesies and pj's all day long, but those stinkin cute little dresses? Rough.
2. I like to work on other things, too!
3. When I decide something is officially outgrown (which I hate to do! and usually, things stay in the drawer a bit longer than they actually should...), it gets tossed into a bin in the closet in our master bedroom. Lucca goes to bed at 7:30. So anything I haven't brought downstairs early in the day is off limits for evening working-on. Boo.
4. I'm trying to be detail-oriented in the cutting, making sure to save the trims, patches, pockets, and other cute details. This adds minutes to the cutting.
5. Oh yeah, I have 2 kids to take care of and dinner and laundry and all that other housefrau stuff.
Just a peek at my work as of late:
|dresses! so hard to cut into these pretty little layers!|
|not sure how I'm going to incorporate these into the quilt... but just look at this face! how could i NOT let him join the quilt party?!|
My next post on this quilt will have real actual pictures of squares completed and sewn together into rows and/or blocks. I wrote it down, and now it's a pact (between you and me, blog readers! Hold me to it!)
My goal is to have these done in time for them to not include t-shirts with pictures of boy bands on them! :)