Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

sewing inspiration from the barbie box...

We're visiting my mom this week, which means 3 things:

1.  beach days!
2.  outside showers!
3.  raina playing with the same barbies my sister and i used to play with!

(okay, it actually means way more than that, but those are 3 highlights!)

I love digging through our big old trunk of barbies, barbie clothes, and barbie furniture with her.  There are some major flashbacks, and some awesome reminders of what fashion was like in the late 80's and early 90's!!  I found two pairs of pans in the chaos that I immediately scooped out for further inspection.  I have no idea who these pants belonged to.  They're on the smaller side, so they can't be Barbie's... maybe Skipper?  Doesn't matter much now, but I love them!  And now I want to make them in real life baby/toddler size.  (I think by the time I'm able to actually make all of the clothes I want to make for Raina and Lucca, they'll be too big for them!)

Here they are... front of left pair, back of right pair:


 back of left, front of right:

  

and some close ups:

 


  


 




I want the fabric, details, all of it.  I'll let you know how it goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment