Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Tank to Twirly Dress


A month or so ago, my boss gave me the day off.
Meaning:  hubby told me to get the heck out of the house and spend an entire Saturday by MYSELF!  Of course, that meant coffee and shopping!!  

In the Gap, I found this cute bright pink flower tank in the girls clearance section.  40% off of $2.99.  Um, how could I leave it there?!  Even though it's still too big for Raina as a shirt, I knew I could make it into a dress easily.



I cut a hugely long piece of fabric, probably 5 times the length of the shirt bottom.  I wanted it to be extra twirly.  This fabric was from the clearance section at JoAnn's, and has been in my stash for a while now.  I love that it is SO bright and cheery.  It goes perfectly with the big bright flowers on the tank.  I ruffled it, sewed it on, hemmed it... and threw my hands up in victory.  

Huzzah!  A twirly whirly dress, all from clearance goodies!






No comments:

Post a Comment