Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Super Incredible Big Sister

So, i may have an over thinking problem.  It's usually not actually a problem, except when it causes me to lose sleep maybe.  Back when we were preparing for Lucca's birth, the overthinking part of me kept wondering how Raina was going to handle becoming a big sister.  She seemed excited, she seemed happy, she seemed prepared.  But still, she was 2.5.  How ready could she be?  So we (okay, I) decided that when Raina came to see her new baby sister for the first time in the hospital, there should be a present waiting for her.  A big sister gift, from the baby to Raina, super special and only for her.  I pondered a lot of gifts.  I did more research than was really healthy.  And then (thank you, Pinterest!), I found this book.

EXACTLY what I had been searching for.  Raina opened up her book and loved it right away.  It may have helped that it was wrapped in Dora paper, but who that's another story.  I cried, because I do that.  It is a beautiful book, and I swear I'm not being paid to say this!  :)  Raina loved her big sis book, and the special medal (or "award necklace" as it's known arounf here!)




 I am in no way affiliated with this company, but if you're looking for a special gift for a big brother or sister to be, I can't recommend tis book enough.  It's something I can see her treasuring for years to come.  Full disclosure... I still cry every time I read it, but I'm the type that cries at tissue commercials, so you might be okay :)

Here's the link to the site, if you're interested... 

http://www.iseeme.com/super-incredible-big-sister-personalized-childrens-book.html

Anyone else give a special gift to an older sibling when a new baby came along?  Some people seem to think it's customary these days, but quite a few people here in our family were surprised by the idea.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, Raina has taken to her new role amazingly... she really is a super incredible big sister!!

No comments:

Post a Comment