Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tova, Tova, Tova...

In case you didn't get it, that title is supposed to be chanting like you're egging on a toga party :).



The Tova pattern, previously seen in my starfish dress, is my new favorite favorite.  Basically, I'm going to make 5 or 6 of them and call my fall wardrobe complete!  :)  Kidding.  Sorta.  Or not.  :)



This time around, I made the sleeves, and used the regular shirt length instead of dress length.  It's still awesomesauce.



As we already know, I'm a big fan of using fabric that was possibly intended for children to make my own clothing.  I've got a dress cut for Lucca in the same fabric, and while I love it for her tiny size, I"m going to be honest here and admit that I definitely bought it with the Tova pattern in mind!



I'm pretty much in love with it, from the gathered cuffs, to the front bodice, to the slightly poofed shoulders...







Time to start cutting the next one!  And if you're looking for a preview....  NEXT TIME, on Tova party 2012:  un-gathered cuffs, side seam pockets (!), narrower rounded corner collar.  Are you ready for the excitement?!

No comments:

Post a Comment