Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Painting for a Princess Room!

I never intended to make Raina's room into a pink and purple princess den.  It just sort of... happened!  In fact, when I was registering for her baby shower, i was adamant that she would NOT be surrounded by overly girly things.  Well... I found a pink and purple stroller that I fell in love with, and it's all gone downhill from there!  Sometime last spring, I decided her room needed some mommy-made art.  After searching online for some inspiration, this is what she ended up with!  I'm quite pleased with it, if I do say so myself!









I started with a regular artists' canvas that I found in my mom's basement (from my art school days... looong ago!), and acrylic craft paint.  I drew the letters freehand on drawing paper, then arranged them on the canvas and used carbin paper to get everything in the right spot.  The leaves, flowers, and birds were all done freehand, but could be done with carbon paper, too.  I painted everything in one color at a time, just sort of jumping around the canvas and trying to spread the color out.  At the end, I outlined it all with a black sharpie, added some faom flower stickers, and called it a day (or maybe a week, but who's couting?)!  I plan on making some as gifts, too... we'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment