Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

New Year's Resolutions...

I've been meaning to start a blog for at least a year now.  I mean, I read tons of crafty mom blogs, some of them daily.  And I am also a crafty mom, so why shouldn't I have one?  The answer, it turns out, is procrastination :)  It's a new year (2011?!), and I'm back in blog-land with a new sense of determintaion to show off my craftiness and general mommy super-ness!  I can't stand the thought of giving you my life history in this first post, so let's just get to know each other as we go, mmkay?  Now here's what I did with my awesome kid today... she'll be 2 next month, and I'm already working on turning her into a little crafter!



We made a beautiful painting for an empty kitchen wall, using a canvas that I lost inspiration on years ago, craft paint, and these cute brushes I fell in love with at the toy store last week!  I also gave her a fork, because it seemed fun to paint with, too!  Our final resu;t is a masterpiece... I'll share a picture when I hang it up some time this weekend.
Painting segued nicely into our favrite icy day activity... playing at the kitchen sink!  Raina helped wash the brushes... and everything else in a 2 foot radius :).

Happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment